จดหมายข่าว International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)
ประจำวันที่ 19 ตุลาคม 2564
ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021:
Extended deadline to register!
The ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021 is less than a week away, and we have extended the deadline to register until 21 October. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn from and engage with experts and colleagues from all corners of the world elaborating on the topic: Upskilling and Upscaling for quality Open, Flexible and Distance Learning. Save your seat and register today!
Special offer to non-ICDE members
Is your institution not yet amember of ICDE? Register for the conference and apply to become a member of ICDE before 21 October to enjoy a waived institutional membership fee the rest of 2021 (full price is EUR 1.250).
|VIRTUAL GLOBAL CONFERENCE WEEK SIDE-EVENTS|
ENCORE+ Circle Events on Quality and OER Technology
ICDE and ENCORE+ invite you to join the ENCORE+ European OER Ecosystem through 4 different thematic Circle Community Events this fall. The following events will take place during the ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021: Quality (25October) and OER Technology (29 October). Each event is the first in a series for each theme, and the kick-off of the ENCORE+ European OER Ecosystem. The events are free of charge and open for all.
Learn more and register here.
ICDE Lab Workshop for Responsive Action
ICDE invites Presidents, Chancellors, Vice-Chancellors and Rectors among ICDE members to participate in the first ICDE-organised Lab Workshop for Responsive Action on the ICDE Global Advocacy Campaign for quality OFDL. This is a special session for ICDE members only, taking place during the ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021. Participation is free of charge, but requires a separate registration.
Read more and register here.
|ICDE AT CONFERENCES|
ICDE at ICODEL conference
On 14 October, the ICDE Secretary General Torunn Gjelsvik contributed with a keynote on Artificial Intelligence: Challenges and future directions in Open, Distance and Online Education. Through her presentation, several of ICDEs members and partners activities and projects related to AI were featured, coming from different corners of the globe. Ms. Gjelsvik also outlined UNESCO’s policy work related to the topic, emphasising the “human-centered approach” to AI, and what AI can do for education and learning.
For the Q&A session following the keynote presentation, the Secretary General was accompanied by Prof. Barbara Wasson, Director for SLATE, Centre for the Science of Technology and Learning at the University of Bergen (UiB) in Norway, and Prof. Colin de la Higuera, UNESCO Chair in Open Educational Resources (OER) at the University of Nantes in France. Thank you to all ICDE members who contributed to this keynote!
Recordings are available here.
Join ICDE at upcoming conferences and events
In the coming months, ICDE and our ICDE-coordinated projects will participate in and present at a number of conferences and events. Find out where you can meet ICDE and learn more about our ongoing projects.
Find the summary here.
|ICDE QUALITY NETWORK: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FROM AFRICA|
Call for new ICDE Focal Point on Quality for Africa
ICDE now invites institutional members from Africa to nominate candidates for the position as Focal Point on Quality from the region, replacing the current candidate who is on sabbatical leave until the end of 2022.
The ICDE Quality Network is a high-level expert committee chaired by Prof. Emeritus Alan Tait from the Open University UK. It consists of 7 Focal Points on Quality (FPQs), who have a leading and coordinating role for quality enhancement of open, flexible and distance education within their institutions and in their respective regions.
Nominations from active ICDE institutions (paid Institutional members) are welcome, and should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com att. Secretary General Torunn Gjelsvik as soon as possible. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|OTHER ICDE NEWS|
OEB: ICDE Members receive discounted participation fee
Online Educa Berlin (OEB) takes place on 1-3 December 2021, and is the annual global, cross-sector conference and exhibition on digital learning and training. We are happy to announce that ICDE members will receive a reduced participation rate for OEB. Please contact the ICDE Secretariat at email@example.com to claim your discount code.
|RESOURCES AT A GLANCE|
- ICDE: “ICDE Leadership Summit 2021: Summary Report”
- Anwar et al. (HBMSU): “Determinants of learner-centric brand equity for online universities in Gulf countries”
- UOC: “European university students with special educational needs highlight the benefits of e-assessment systems”
- UNESCO: “5-year progress review of SDG 4 – Education 2030 in Asia-Pacific”
- OUC: “Beyond Distance Education, cutting edge perspectives on the future of open universities”
- UNESCO GEM: “Technology in Education: Background paper for the Global Education Monitoring Report”
- UNESCO: “Teaching students how to learn: setting the stage for lifelong learning”
- European Commission: “Adult education and training in Europe: Building inclusive pathways to skills and qualifications”
- UNESCO IITE: “Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on the education of persons with disabilities: challenges and opportunities of distance education: policy brief”
- UNESCO ILL: “Issue note: Open and distance learning to support youth and adult learning”
- NTNU: “Experiences from Online Teaching and Learning during the Covid-19 Pandemic: Implications for Future Digital Education”
- UCT: “Changing Centres of Teaching and Learning: an Analytical Review”
- UNESCO: “Inclusion in education”
- COL: “Quality and Equity in Digital Learning: Policy Brief”
- Open Education Conference 2021, 18-22 October 2021
- UniRede: 18th Brazilian Congress on Distance Higher Education (ESUD) and the 7th International Congress on Distance Higher Education (CIESUD), 19-22 October 2021
- Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAEI) 2021, 19-22 October 2021
- EDEN: EDEN Open Classroom 2021, 22-24 October 2021
- HOU: 2nd International Conference on Environmental Design (ICED2021), 23-24 October 2021
- ICDE: ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021, 25-29 October 2021
- ENCORE+ project: Circle event on Quality (part of the ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021), 25 October 2021
- ENCORE+ project: Circle event on OER Technology (part of the ICDE Virtual Global Conference Week 2021), 29 October 2021
- EADTU: Innovating Higher Education 2021 (IHE2021), 3-5 November 2021
- Falling Walls Foundation: Falling Walls Conference, 7-9 November 2021
- EU: EU Open Data Days, 23-25 November 2021
- OEB Global: Online Educa Berlin 2021 (OEB), 1-3 December 2021
- UNESCO: International Task Force on Teachers 13th Policy Dialogue Forum, 1-3 December 2021
- ICDE Leadership Summit 2022: Leadership for EdTech oriented Innovation in Education, 20-21 January 2022
- IATED: 16th Annual Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED2022), 7-9 March 2022
- e-Learning Africa: 15th International Conference & Exhibition on ICT for Education, Training & Skills Development, 11-13 May 2022
- UNESCO: World Higher Education Conference, 18-20 May 2022
- OE Global: Open Education Global 2021 Online Conference, 23-25 May 2022 (In-person)